In this post we will Explore questions to:
- What do the Old Testament scriptures preach about Prayer to his Spirit?
- What did Moses believe concerning God’s spirit?
- Did Moses teach TWO GODS In ONE as the Greeco-Roman Christians?
- Was Moses confused with his interactions with God and his spirit? i.e. How to sacrifice sin offering to God and then how to sacrifice burnt offering to God’s Spirit?
The prophets of the Old testament era were influenced by the holy spirit and had full reverence for the spirit of God. They were aware of God AND his spirit. But we cannot find that neither Moses nor the prophets teaching us to pray to the spirit of God nor preaching a Biune God.
An exploration of the teaching of the Old testament teachings on who is God :
- Exo 6:7 and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God; and ye shall know that I am Jehovah your God, who bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- Exo 7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am Jehovah, when I stretch forth my hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
- Exo 16:12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread: and ye shall know that I am Jehovah your God.
- Exo 20:2 I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
- Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me,
- Exo 29:46 And they shall know that I am Jehovah their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them: I am Jehovah their God.
- Lev 11:44 For I am Jehovah your God: sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that moveth upon the earth.
- Lev 18:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am Jehovah your God.
- Lev 18:4 Mine ordinances shall ye do, and my statutes shall ye keep, to walk therein: I am Jehovah your God
- Lev 18:5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and mine ordinances; which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am Jehovah.
- Lev 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy; for I Jehovah your God am holy.
- Lev 19:4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am Jehovah your God.
- Lev 19:10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather the fallen fruit of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am Jehovah your God
- Lev 19:25 And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the increase thereof: I am Jehovah your God.
- Nearly 137 times the Old Testament teaches ME: “Jehavah is YOUR God”. Should I listen to his words? Yes! I will not listen to any man who violates this teaching. This is my foundation that I build the truth upon.
- God never once divided himself into two beings and instructed Moses and the children of Israel to worship TWO GODS, ONE GOD in TWO, TWo GODS In ONE
- God did not tell Moses and Aaron to make two alters – One for Jehovah the God and one for Spirit the God and make two sacrifices.
- The KEY to understanding scriptures is to Read the scriptures in the order it is written as BASICS are covered in the beginning. Early books are the PILLARS and FOUNDATIONS. On Top of the LAW sits Judges and Kings and Prophets. On top of these sit the teachings of Jesus and top of Jesus’ teachings sits the writings of the apostles. Each adding on top of the previous and enlightening the reader.
- Study order: [Law of Moses] –> [Judges, Prophets, Kings] –> [Jesus] –> [Apostles] [if we do not get a consistent message then something is wrong]
- There is no contradiction if you go in the right direction.
- Doctrine about GOD is the most basic and should be established from the LAW.
- If in Old testament times people worshipped One God whereas New testament time 2 new Gods are born. This is not at all consistent and severely contradicts the truth/foundation.
- People who choose to lay the foundation on random versus will end up with random doctrines and confusion. Trinity is a confusion.
Jehovah our God is one Jehovah
Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Or correctly… the LORD is Jehovah! i.e. most translations translate YHWH as LORD, because of this people do not know who God is! YHWH or Yehowah or Jehowah is used in the OT 5000+ times!
Bible readers are told FIVE THOUSAND times who God is and still miss it. Why?
Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:
God is speaking to Israel and us.
- Exo 8:27 We will go three days’ journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to Jehovah our God, as he shall command us.
- Deu 4:7 For what great nation is there, that hath a god so nigh unto them, as Jehovah our God is whensoever we call upon him?
- Deu 5:2 Jehovah our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
- Deu 6:24 And Jehovah commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear Jehovah our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as at this day.
- Jos 24:17 for Jehovah our God, he it is that brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage,
- Jos 24:24 And the people said unto Joshua, Jehovah our God will we serve, and unto his voice will we hearken.
- 1Ki 8:61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with Jehovah our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
- 2Ki 19:19 Now therefore, O Jehovah our God, save thou us, I beseech thee, out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou Jehovah art God alone.
- 1Ch 16:14 He is Jehovah our God; His judgments are in all the earth.
- 2Ch 14:7 For he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars; the land is yet before us, because we have sought Jehovah our God; we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered.
- 2Ch 14:11 And Asa cried unto Jehovah his God, and said, Jehovah, there is none besides thee to help, between the mighty and him that hath no strength: help us, O Jehovah our God; for we rely on thee, and in thy name are we come against this multitude. O Jehovah, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.
- 2Ch 32:8 with him is an arm of flesh; but with us is Jehovah our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
- Ezr 9:8 And now for a little moment grace hath been showed from Jehovah our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
- Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will make mention of the name of Jehovah our God.
- Psa 99:5 Exalt ye Jehovah our God, And worship at his footstool: Holy is he.
- Psa 99:8 Thou answeredst them, O Jehovah our God: Thou wast a God that forgavest them, Though thou tookest vengeance of their doings.
- Psa 105:7 He is Jehovah our God: His judgments are in all the earth.
- Psa 106:47 Save us, O Jehovah our God, And gather us from among the nations, To give thanks unto thy holy name, And to triumph in thy praise.
- Psa 113:5 Who is like unto Jehovah our God, That hath his seat on high,
- Psa 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their master, As the eyes of a maid unto the hand of her mistress; So our eyes look unto Jehovah our God, Until he have mercy upon us.
- Jer 3:22 Return, ye backsliding children, I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we are come unto thee; for thou art Jehovah our God.
- Jer 3:23 Truly in vain is the help that is looked for from the hills, the tumult on the mountains: truly in Jehovah our God is the salvation of Israel.
- Jer 3:25 Let us lie down in our shame, and let our confusion cover us; for we have sinned against Jehovah our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day; and we have not obeyed the voice of Jehovah our God.
- Jer 14:22 Are there any among the vanities of the nations that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O Jehovah our God? therefore we will wait for thee; for thou hast made all these things.
- Jer 31:6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the hills of Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto Jehovah our God.
- Jer 37:3 And Zedekiah the king sent Jehucal the son of Shelemiah, and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah, the priest, to the prophet Jeremiah, saying, Pray now unto Jehovah our God for us.
- Dan 9:10 neither have we obeyed the voice of Jehovah our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
- Dan 9:14 Therefore hath Jehovah watched over the evil, and brought it upon us; for Jehovah our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth, and we have not obeyed his voice.
- Mic 4:5 For all the peoples walk every one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God for ever and ever.
We see above holy men chosen by God prayed and worshiped Jehovah their God.
Let us also do the same! Trinity denies the Father and given the emphasis to Jesus only. Trinitarians are Father/Jehovah haters! Trinitarians know not the Father whom Jesus came to teach about. Trinitarians view God/Jehovah as evil and angry!
Jehovah is God,
Jehovah is Israel’s God,
Jehovah is Jesus’ God.
Moses’ God was Jehovah
Joshua’s God was Jehovah
David’s God was Jehovah
Hezekiah’s God was Jehovah
Ezra’s God was Jehovah
My God is Jehovah!
JEHOVAH IS OUR GOD
The morning and evening sacrifices were both offered to YHWH.
There are hundreds of Versus that in the Old covenant people were not confused like Christians today and did not Pray to God and his Spirit.
Rest your foundation strong doctrine and teachings that are based on 1000s of versus and not a few random and hard to intepret versus. Once you have a foundation then you can correctly interpret the new testament usage of spirit!
God never taught Moses and the Israelites – his chosen people about a Bi-union God. Christians should also stop this teaching.
Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah!